Saturday, January 14, 2012

Burgundy + Gold + Plum


Post number three for today...  For this card, I was inspired by this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe - PDCC114.  The challenge is to use the color combo Burgundy, Gold and Plum.  I would have never thought to combine these colors but I think they work awesome together!  Here is the inspiration The Play Date Cafe provided:


After post one and two today, I checked the mail and I received a grab bag of stamps from Gina K. Designs that I won in a challenge this past week!  What an awesome assortment of stamps!  It's funny, I have quite a few sets from Gina K and not one was a duplicate of something I have :)    My favorite stamp from the grab bag is definitely the stamp I used on my card.  It's from Lovely Labels 2 by Nina Brackett.  I stamped it in Memento Sweet Plum onto ivory card stock.  Then, using a stamp-a-ma-jig (because I am no good at centering without it), added the congratulations sentiment from Gina K. Designs - Inside and Out.  I don't own this shape of Nestabilities, so I cut the label out by hand.  The plum and burgundy background papers are from my scrap bin - maker unknown.  The Fleur de Lis border was added with a border punch from ek success.  To finish my card (and incorporate my gold), I added some left over metallic holiday ribbon that I purchased at Target this past season, some gold ball accents, and a gold heart button that I had in my stash.

This is probably my last post of the evening, but I will be back tomorrow!

best!
dee marie

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your grab bag win, and this card is fabulous! I love that new stamp you won, and the whole card is just so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee, this came out amazing! So glad you got to play with your new stamp. The colors work together really well. Who would have thought, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single thing about this card, Dee! We played games with friends tonight and I was the overall winner of Balderdash -- doesn't that deserve a card of Congratulations????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. So scrumptious... that color combo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Your colors are just stunning, and I love the layout - so classy! I'm a blogging friend of your mom's, and have decided to stalk you as well! Please feel free to come and stalk me - I love new friends!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. may be the last but it sure is purdy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - you are on such a roll! love it (-:

    ReplyDelete
  8. My initial reaction to this when I first saw it? "Woooowwwwwww...." It's oozing class and elegance! And congrats on getting some awesome free stamps. ;)

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've used the borders and frame. Such a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for playing along at The play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete