Sunday, March 20, 2011
Tonight I am sharing a baby shower card that I made for one of my dear friends. Her shower was on Saturday and her daughter, Emily, is due to be born in May. I absolutely LOVED the theme she selected for the nursery - pink and brown lady bugs :)
I incorporated the theme into the card I created for her. I used K&Company designer paper and added multiple layers in several different patterns. I stamped my old D.O.T.S. lady bug onto the pink gingham, and colored them with Copics to make them pop. I punched the three little ladies out with my circle punch - I wanted to keep it simple - and turned each one a different way. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up - Best Yet. I added some brown sponging to most of the layers for some added texture. Pearls, a small paper flower and various trimmings were the finishing touches.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
One of my newly found stampin' friends, Carol, from Our Little Inspirations, has presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks so much for thinking of me Carol! I sure do miss blogging and posting my artwork... but I sure am loving all the wedding planning - only 212 days left :) Once things calm down a bit, I will be back to blogging again. I haven't done a challenge in forever!
I have selected the following friends to pass this award on to:
Olga from craftieodemae
Patti from Stampersize
Linda from Payne Holler Cards
Jennie from Stampin' Away the Day
I miss you ladies! I so enjoyed browsing through your blogs tonight!!
Now... seven things about me... let's see...
1) I just turned 30 last month (and decided it was time to take out the navel ring).
2) I love to shop at thrift stores and yard sales in search of anything old (mom's parents were antique dealers - it's in my blood).
3) I will never get sick of watching Law & Order (SVU, Criminal Intent - I have probably seen every episode at least once - *dun dun*).
4) I have a collection of sugar bowls and creamers (I know... weird).
5) I am a compassionate humanitarian. I have been working in health care for the past nine years (and I wouldn't trade what I do for anything else in the world).
6) One thing on my bucket list is to attend The Kentucky Derby (and yes... wear a big fancy hat and drink a mint julep).
7) Even though I live in NJ, PA will always be home (love you mom, dad and jessie girl).
I hope you all have a wonderful evening! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Happy New Year! It feels great to be back stamping and blogging again (for now)! The year is already flying by and I am getting deeper and deeper into the wedding plans :) It will be October before I know it! Next stop is the dress shop!
This evening I am joining in on a very special surprise blog hop that has been put together for one of our dear stamping friends, Colleen. This precious stamp that was used can be found at Whimsy Stamps and was named "Valerie's Gift" after Colleen's daughter, Valerie, who passed away in a car accident a little over ten years ago. This one's for you Colleen - you will be in my thoughts and prayers today.
Valerie was colored using Koh-I-Noor pencils that I blended with Odorless Mineral Spirits. The fur on her coat and hat were made shimmery and dimensional with some Frosted Lace Stickles. My base card is Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury card stock in Green Apple. Designer paper is from Basic Grey Marrakech, and was attached to my card with some stitching. Sponging was done in SU! Soft Suede. For embellishments, I created some unique snowflakes using my Martha punches and some designer brads.
I hope you are having a wonderful time on our hop! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)
The next stop on the hop is over at Betty's blog Bee Bee Stamps! Betty's cards are always so creative and beautiful - I can't wait to see her card using Valerie :)
Enjoy the rest of the week and stay warm!