Monday, July 12, 2010

Have a Beautiful Day

I know, I know... I can't believe it's been this long between posts again. Life has been happening so fast lately and I just haven't been able to squeeze in time for stamping. Thankfully I had time this past weekend when visiting mom (and thanks to her, I found my mojo again)! I created this card using some of my new A Muse stamps that I picked up last week. I am always drawn to the more earthy stamps. Mother Nature just fascinates me :) Don't you just love this new branch? The little leaves are separate and you can add them where you please. I think the Daisy Duet stamp worked perfectly to add a pop of color. The stitching isn't all the way around because mom's Janome is on the fritz, but I kinda like it they way it came out. We had such a fun time together! If you have time, pop on over to Lakeside Stamping and check out some of the cards she created!

So, if I haven't been stamping - what have I been doing? Well, Shaun and I finally found our wedding venue and we selected our date, 10/15/11! I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself! Now the fun begins :) I have so many ideas that I don't even know where to start! Other than that, I've been adjusting to all of the "fun" that comes along with being a home owner LOL! Lawn mowing, remembering trash night and recycling night (would having them the same night be too much to ask?), keeping track of all the new bill schedules, and keeping up with the cleaning (a house is much larger than an apartment!). Don't think I am complaining - I am loving every minute of it!

Have a stellar night!



Card Recipe:
Designer Paper - Basic Grey Kioshi
Card Stock - Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Sweet Corn
Dies - Nestabilities - Labels 11
Stamps - A Muse - Bare branch with leaves, Have a beautiful day FL, and Daisy Duet
Ink - ColorBox Chalk Ink - Olive Pastel, Azurite, Chestnut Roan and Wisteria
Embellishments - Stitching, Satin Ribbon and Pearls

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like life is GRAND! Happy for ya hon, glad too you found the right place for the wedding, looks beautiful! Your card is a beauty too, it was worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee your card is beautiful!!! Congrats on your new home I am happy to hear that you are settling in and adjusting to be a homeowner. I love the date you picked for you wedding. It just happens to be my 21st anniversary. Have fun with all of the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your card very much as well as though of your mom's. Gorgeous stamps and you both used them well! By the way, you'll be getting married the day before my birthday! Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you haven't lost ant talent as your card is just gorgeous!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Geru said! You haven't lost any talent... you've just been very,very busy! So happy you're so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee,
    Love this card! So happy you found a place for the wedding it sounds like it will be the best day ever :)

    ReplyDelete