Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strut Your Stuff

Mom was telling me about an inspiration challenge at Off The Wall Craftiness so I headed on over to play :) What a fun blog! This week's inspiration is a photo of peacock - I immediately dug out one of my favorite SU! sets, Such a Tweet! I colored the peacock stamp using Memento markers in Bahama Blue and Pear Tart. After I stamped him onto white card stock, I cut him out with Nestabilities Label 9 and added some sponging in Memento's Bamboo Leaves. I added the sentiment to the bottom and to embellish, I added deep blue and aqua rhinestones to his tail! What a fancy peacock he is :) I kept my background simple by just running a piece of SU! Pacific Point card stock through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. I added a little more sponging to the edges to finish the card. If you get a chance, hop on over to Off The Wall Craftiness to check out the other entries!

7 comments:

  1. Well isn't this just amazing! Pretty as a peacock! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love peacock colors! this one is just so pretty...I will stop myself from copying Patti and saying....pretty as a ??? LOL
    hugs to you, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card -- he is definitely strutting it! Are you all settled in the new house? We'd love to see a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for playing along! I am so glad you found my blog :) This card is so cute! I love the little peacock! A new challenge starts tonight after closing of the current :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you joined in the fun! He is adorable, Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lovin that peacock! This card is jaw dropping gorgeous! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Love all the bling!

    ReplyDelete