Tuesday, February 2, 2010

For Someone Special

Tonight I am sharing another card that I made this past weekend while I was visiting mom - had to take advantage of the Copics :) This card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge to create a card for someone special. The image, Hedgehog Bouquet by Penny Black, was colored using the following Copic Sketch markers: 0, C1, C3, E00, E02, RV10, RV1, RV32, RV34, W1, W3, Y15, Y17, YG13 and YG17. After I was finished coloring, I cut the image out using a one of the Nestabilities labels, and sponged around the background using SU! ink in Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand. The sentiment which reads, "Friends are flowers that never fade." is from an older SU! set called Favorite Friends (I thought it went well with this adorable hedgie). My base card was created using Pure Luxury card stock in Soft Sand and the designer paper is from Basic Grey Phoebe. I added some stitching around the border using my Janome sew mini. To create my coordinating butterfly, I used my new Martha Stewart Monarch punch (isn't it just darling?) on Soft Sand card stock, added some sponging, and backed it with scraps of the ribbon the I used at the bottom of the card, so that the color and texture would show through the cut out wings. To finish the card, I added some pearls to the butterfly's body as well as the two opposite corners.

On a side note, Happy Groundhog Day :) Unfortunately, good ol' Phil saw his shadow... I don't know if I can take six more weeks of winter!

I hope you are enjoying your week!

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous card dee marie...love your cute hedgie.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee,
    This card is the cutest. I love the way you used ribbon scraps to back the butterfly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything about your card! all your wonderful details...really love the tip on using the ribbon behind the butterfly, TFS !!
    wish I could sew on a card, you do it so beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Dee! Love you butterfly w/ribbon! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Dee! How cool that you get to use your mom's stash :o))) This image is so cute and you colored it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute I love this hedge hog stamp I have some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your colouring, especially the sponged background. Gorgeous colour combo too x

    ReplyDelete