Sunday, March 20, 2011
Tonight I am sharing a baby shower card that I made for one of my dear friends. Her shower was on Saturday and her daughter, Emily, is due to be born in May. I absolutely LOVED the theme she selected for the nursery - pink and brown lady bugs :)
I incorporated the theme into the card I created for her. I used K&Company designer paper and added multiple layers in several different patterns. I stamped my old D.O.T.S. lady bug onto the pink gingham, and colored them with Copics to make them pop. I punched the three little ladies out with my circle punch - I wanted to keep it simple - and turned each one a different way. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up - Best Yet. I added some brown sponging to most of the layers for some added texture. Pearls, a small paper flower and various trimmings were the finishing touches.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
One of my newly found stampin' friends, Carol, from Our Little Inspirations, has presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks so much for thinking of me Carol! I sure do miss blogging and posting my artwork... but I sure am loving all the wedding planning - only 212 days left :) Once things calm down a bit, I will be back to blogging again. I haven't done a challenge in forever!
I have selected the following friends to pass this award on to:
Olga from craftieodemae
Patti from Stampersize
Linda from Payne Holler Cards
Jennie from Stampin' Away the Day
I miss you ladies! I so enjoyed browsing through your blogs tonight!!
Now... seven things about me... let's see...
1) I just turned 30 last month (and decided it was time to take out the navel ring).
2) I love to shop at thrift stores and yard sales in search of anything old (mom's parents were antique dealers - it's in my blood).
3) I will never get sick of watching Law & Order (SVU, Criminal Intent - I have probably seen every episode at least once - *dun dun*).
4) I have a collection of sugar bowls and creamers (I know... weird).
5) I am a compassionate humanitarian. I have been working in health care for the past nine years (and I wouldn't trade what I do for anything else in the world).
6) One thing on my bucket list is to attend The Kentucky Derby (and yes... wear a big fancy hat and drink a mint julep).
7) Even though I live in NJ, PA will always be home (love you mom, dad and jessie girl).
I hope you all have a wonderful evening! Happy St. Patrick's Day!