Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Romantic Butterfly

Good Morning! Aren't you glad it's the weekend? I know I am! This morning I have a card for you that I created for two challenges. The first is the Stamp TV Color Challenge. This week, Janice is challenging us to use Brown, Red, Green and Ivory - such a romantic combination. When I was blog hopping the other day, I came across a blog that was new to me - CASE Study. They have a monthly guest designer and you pull your inspiration from their stunning creations. You can check out the card created by Mariana Grigsby over at the CASE Study challenge blog - her butterfly is colored beautifully! Their DT is also fabulous! What gorgeousness!! I am entering my card in their challenge #7.

To create my card, I used Gina K's Pure Luxury card stock in Chocolate Kiss for my base. I then stitched on some designer paper from the Basic Grey - Sugared collection. The butterfly from Gina K's Take Flight stamp set was stamped in SU! Cherry Cobbler ink onto ivory card stock and cut out. To create the bottom, I started with a strip of Chocolate Kiss, added a layer of ivory lace and satin ribbon, and added some paper piercing along the top edge. Using the SU! Designer Label and Decorative Label punches, I created my sentiment. I love the effect you get when layering these two punches. The LOVE sentiment is from Gina K's Rectangle Greetings set. For the finishing touches, I added a few red pearls, and created a tiny button flower using a vintage pearl button from my Grandmother's collection and a few MS punched leaves from the designer paper.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am heading to Mom and Dad's on Sunday and will be staying for the beginning of the week :) I have to work in PA until Wednesday, so instead of staying in the hotel, it's close enough that I will be able to commute in from home. I am so excited! I took off Thursday and Friday and Mom and Dad are going to come this way for a few days (oh, and I can't forget, they are bringing Jessie (our Black Lab) too)! I can't wait!

Happy Stamping!

10 comments:

  1. Talk about gorgeousness... this card screams elegance! You have a great time with your folks! Give your mom a big ole hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee,
    This is really elegant. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully designed card! Love the color combination, that delicate lace and the GORGEOUS butterfly! I can definitely see that YOU were inspired! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Sounds like you had fun making it and more fun on the way at your Mom's and then her at your house! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty! Love all the different element, I could spend so long looking at it!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO glad that you found us!! There's so much scrumptious detail to look at, I could stare at this beauty all day! :) Thanks so much for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love allll these details - gorgeous lace and like the leaves punched from same dp...beautiful card!
    Sounds like a fun week ahead (-: Hope you have time to raid your Mom's stash...of course, on Thursday she gets to raid yours!!!
    Enjoy your week together
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely card! Love the vintage, romantic feel. You and Mom have a good time -- give her a great big ole hug from me, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fabulous Dee, the background really sets off the butterfly, the lace is a pretty addition! thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete